Art to Learning: Project Under Construction: Students at Glen Oaks Park Elementary are budding with creativity as they work to create a mosaic mural for the entrance of their school. With a lending hand from the Baton Rouge Arts Council and artist Anita Lejeune, students in Mrs. Fannie Brown's art class will create a visual masterpiece for the entire school to enjoy.
The mosaic will comprise of minature tiles and glass pieces. If you are interested in donating tiles, ceramic plates or cups, please contact our office.
VIPS HOSTS PURSUING EXTRAORDINARY OUTCOMES IN PUBLIC EDUCATION LECTURE- Dr. Chance Lewis, noted author and Professor of Urban Education at the University of North Carolina, lectured from his report, “Pursuing Extraordinary Outcomes Public Education.” The event, held at Baton Rouge Magnet High’s Black Box Theatre, focused on cultivating successful outcomes in public, urban schools.
VIPS BUILDING BLOCKS- Become a PRE-K Reading Friend- Studies show that early reading helps students develop critical thinking skills, expands students' vocabulary, and discover a love of reading. You can help prepare a child for a lifetime of reading enjoyment by becoming a Pre-K Reading Friend. Click here to register
VOYAGE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM - Our local graduation rate is 66 percent. We must ask ourselves, what happens to the other 34% of students that drop out of school. High school dropouts face certain social disadvantages that adversely impact their quality of life. Play an integral role in the changing the direction of a student's life by serving as a Voyage Captain. Learn more about VIPS' Voyage Mentor Program.